The organisation is called Freundeskreis Mi Mañana.
The organisation is registered (No. 768 of the document register for the year 2000 at the County Court, Lüneburg. As a recognised non-profit organisation we are exempt from corporate and business taxation. We are registered at the tax office under the number I/871-VIII/241.)
Since registration the organisation is known as Freundeskreis Mi Mañana e.V.
The organisation is based in 21365 Adendorf.
It pursues exclusively and directly non-profit and charitable purposes within the framework of development aid as specified in the paragraph titled tax-privileged purposes of the tax code. The aim of the organisation is to help children and young people in need in Ecuador, primarily in the province of Guayas.
This is achieved by
- child sponsorship
- further measures to alleviate the hardship of the children and young people
- supporting kindergartens and children´s homes
- funding education and health care
- initiating the use of alternative forms of energy
- working together with social, medical, educational and church institutions in Germany and Ecuador
The aims as laid down in these statutes are put into practice by
- the maintenance of a community centre with a kindergarten and a school in Posorja, Ecuador
- child sponsorships for primary and secondary pupils
- supporting parents during the education of their children and regular medical check-ups and by helping to fight juvenile delinquency
- ensuring clean drinking water and hygiene facilities
- strengthening the personal responsibility of the people of Posorja, in particular the women, by helping them to help themselves.
- supporting the use of alternative forms of energy, predominantly wind and solar energy
Mi Mañana is a non-profit organisation.
§3 Wo ist § 2?!
The organisation´s funds may only be used in the ways stipulated by the statutes. Members will not receive any payments from the organisation´s funds.
No one shall benefit from disproportionately high compensation or payments which are inconsistent with the aims of the organisation.
In the event of the dissolution or annulment of the organisation or the discontinuation of its purpose to date then the assets shall become the property of the Lüneburger Tafel e.V. This organisation may only use them for charitable, non-profit or ecclesiastical purposes. Decisions about the future use of these funds may only be made after the tax office has given its consent.
1. Any natural person over the age of 18 as well as organisations, institutions and companies of any kind may become a member of Mi Mañana. The board of directors decides on the admission of new members after a written application has been submitted.
2. Members may leave the organisation at any time by submitting a written declaration. However, membership fees for the current year will not be reimbursed.
3. A member may be excluded from the organisation if he or she violates the interests of the organisation in a serious manner. The exclusion will be decided with a 2/3 majority at a general meeting.
§7 Membership Fees
Every member is obliged to pay an annual contribution which shall be paid in advance. The amount of the annual contribution will be decided by the general meeting. This meeting will also decide on any levies that must be paid by members.
§8 Board of Directors
The Board of Directors consists of
4. 2 members, who are part of an extended board of directors
The Board of Directors is elected by a general meeting for a period of 3 years. However, the board remains in office until a new board has been elected. Each director must be elected individually.
If the membership of a director is terminated he or she will also give up his or her place on the Board of Directors.
The three-member Board of Directors is responsible for the management of the organisation. However, in line with § 26 of the German Civil Code (Bundesgesetzbuch) the Board of Directors is made up of only the Chairperson and the Treasurer, whereby each of them is individually authorized to represent the organisation.
If a director resigns then the Board of Directors can elect a successor for the rest of the term of office.
§9 Advisory Board
The Advisory Board is made up of 5 members. If required it will be suggested by the Board of Directors and confirmed by a general meeting. It is the job of the Advisory Board to provide advice and assistance to the Board of Directors, to develop ideas and strategies and to complete tasks it has been assigned. Individual members of the Advisory Board can be given specific tasks to do which are in line with the aims of the organisation and which have been agreed upon with the Board of Directors.
§10 General Meeting
A general meeting will take place annually. An extraordinary general meeting can be convened if necessary for the organisation or if 1/5 of the members demand in writing that one takes place. A general meeting can be convened by the Board of Directors with at least 14 days notice. Invitations to a general meeting must include an agenda.
During a general meeting each member has one vote. A member may authorise another member to vote on his or her behalf. A member may only represent one other member at a time. It is possible to vote in writing.
A general meeting can decide to change or add items to the agenda. Motions are passed by a simple majority. Abstentions are not counted. However, the statutes may only be amended with a ¾ majority of the votes.
A general meeting constitutes a quorum when at least 10 members are present. If there is no quorum then the Board of Directors must convene a second general meeting with the same agenda within 4 weeks. At this second meeting a quorum is not necessary. This must be stated in the invitation.
§ 11 Dissolution of the organisation
The organisation can be dissolved by a general meeting. A majority of the organisation´s members is necessary for such a decision. If at two consecutive general meetings such a majority is not reached then a ¾ majority of all members present at the meeting is sufficient.
Adendorf 16th November 2000